The cost of living has inflated in more recent times. Looking after a family can be a struggle for parents or singular parents for that matter.
When going through the schooling system some of us weren’t fortunate enough to carry on and finish their college education, therefore not gaining the full complement of credentials and qualifications required to gain a good income. So why even start a small online business, right?
Some of us may start to think could I even do such a thing? I don’t know the first thing about this tech jargon. I didn’t learn this sort of thing at school. This will be difficult. All these walls we put up around ourselves that we can’t achieve something. As people, we generally underestimate how much potential, resilience, and tenacity that we all possess inside ourselves. I would like to think by doing such ventures that we would have to tap into these traits to help us on our way.
The Internet comes to the rescue, providing us with the information, training and tools that we require to fulfil such a complex idea. Enabling us to learn and grow in many ways to creating a small online business.
Everyone has their story of whence they came.
If someone came up and told me that I would be such a thing as an online business 20 or 30 years ago, I would have replied that they were daft and that I don’t even know the first thing about overseeing the inner workings of a small online business followed by laughter. Fast forward back to the present and here I am, loving every moment.
I’m going to let you in on a personal event that I had encountered. I was a middle-class family of 5. When growing up as any normal kid does of course, then at age 21 I found myself homeless, hit rock bottom, most unfortunate, seemed an eternity (11 months without dwellings) I managed to pull myself out of adversity. A very humbling experience indeed.
When things started taking a turn for the good, I had changed in character. I felt resilient, stronger mentally, motivated, optimistic, ambitious. Going through such circumstances it became incredibly apparent how character-building being homeless was for me. Found out things about myself I didn’t know I could do to survive.
Got a new job, new clothes, a roof over my head, paying for the cost of living as well as a few treats. Brought my first laptop and have never looked back.
Made a pact with myself that I would never put myself through rock bottom again. Inclusive was the fact that I felt I deserved more, constantly underestimating what exactly I was capable of doing. I think a tremendous majority of us as a whole, underestimate what we “think” we can achieve and strive for.
We all come from different backgrounds. Family life may not have been so great, we may have experienced financial hardships while growing up from young. Possibly you may have been a little more fortunate to be part of a family that had a few fewer things to worry about.
Gain the opportunity to attend great schooling up until the end of college to eventually attain a degree. On the other side of the coin drop out of school. Amble through life with the least amount of challenges, productivity and stimulus. Put up with the medium and mediocre.
Whatever the case may be, we have made a conscious decision to better our lives somehow, by trying to maybe create our fate. So what else do we do but ask old Google to give us some answers to some tricky questions? It could be why you have dropped by, to research or seek clarity on something or start a small online business, right? Me too!
Which Way is Up?
Well that is the million-dollar question, isn’t it?
There are multiple ways that a person can take to make an online income. Spoilt for choice, but how do you know which is the right platform or site to go with. The almighty decision can be overwhelming, users are quite literally spoilt for choice.
Here are a few ways that you can make an income online:
- Google Adsense – More ADS! Annoying as they may seem they are there for a reason, add it to your basic website and just sit back. Great for blogs as well.
- You Tube – Upload your videos for views, likes and subscriptions. Gain a following.
- Podcasts – Hosting podcasts eventuates into being approached for advertising and sponsorship.
- Affiliate Marketing – Get traffic through an affiliate link in a website or blog to purchase a product or service to earn commissions.
- Lead Sales – Gather leads for external companies.
- E-Learning – If you have a skill then make an online course to teach others. From cooking to Marketing.
- Consulting – See yourself as an expert? Offer your knowledge and expertise as a product or service.
- Sponsored posts – Get sponsored posts paid by companies to get bloggers and people with large social media followings to promote products or services.
- Webinars – Live format usually offer advice, tips, services, courses and secrets to the audience.
- Freelance Writing – Writing articles as a blogger for yourself or invitation.
- Book Sales – You can write, publish and market your book all online.
- Build A Community – Build a following and community through a blog or Facebook and promote products or services.
But what is the right one to choose, right?
This is where it is paramount to research what sparks your interest. Look into. I opted for affiliate marketing, freelance writing also to build a community, as I aspire to help others in this same journey should they be ready to take the bull by it is horns. Proud of myself for doing something I never thought possible, really glad I made the decision. Amazingly the opportunity has now blossomed into a full-blown passion because I followed my passion as a niche to benefit others.
Basically you really get to choose your adventure, which is certainly appealing. Brainstorm ideas coupled with research about your chosen direction. To make an informed decision as good as you can.
Leap Of Faith
Now that concepts have been achieved. Time to turn focus towards establishing those concepts into the online business it was born to be.
This is the part of the process where projects to build out digital assets begins. Applying research into a good option for what fits your capital to invest in ventures. I urge to never sell yourself short and stay within your means. The Internet offers many ways to complete what’s required to build assets with tools and information that can be utilized to engineer your band and direction into fruition.
Whether it be your expenditure to invest is healthy or you want to be frugal. Making the decision has it is pros and cons, if the path of investing money is appropriated then the path will be a little easier and direct as this opens up features and tools to platforms that are crucial to carrying out building projects.
Let’s use the example of a blogger.
Essentially to commence a blog you will need many elements.
- Brand – Creation of brand names, logos, catchphrases and anything else that is desired to be part of your brand and direction for your assets is encouraged. Logo generators are excellent to use for ideas and templates. Free generators are only required for this and can easily be found online. Canva.com is highly recommended. Offering a free start-up account with subscription upgrade packages available for purchase which opens up improved features and capabilities.
- Website – A platform to showcase your blogs is essential. Web Hosting is essential to fulfilment. Hostinger.com is a good site for almost free being 0.80 cents per month which is awesome being quite reputable (if you want to know how I do it, comment below this blog). Incorporating themes, styling just to name a couple, that fit my niche, functionality and general outlook to coincide with what my path of direction or niche is. Try locating a site that offers great features that will complement the “health” of your website. Meaning that a website to rank on page 1 of Google needs to meet criteria to achieve this through various parameters. Such as site speeds, content, site security, functionality among others
- Domain – Domains will be tied to the title of your website inclusive of your brand/niche as this very website in it is infancy was a website that in time evolved as it got built then I purchased a Domain. Also, giving it the title of this website. So a website and domains are 2 separate entities you must combine them to make a live website that Google with enjoy ranking. Many websites cater for domains they are just one search away.
- Content – Content is an integral component of the overall site health. Authoring blog posts enriched with imagery for your target audience around topics relating to your chosen direction of niche. Frequent new blogs posts that contain keyword-rich content. Affiliate link incorporation is accepted, endorsing products, services and information. Keyword research for new content topics critical to rank well to receive more traffic “organically” that can turn into revenue for YOU. Organic traffic refers to traffic generated from search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization is a generalist term that encapsulates a few derivatives. the primary function of SEO is that your website ranks well enough to gain engagement from traffic to procure an income. SEO plugins can be inserted into your website to help this process along. Content can also be given the treatment of SEO via keyword use, be careful not to overuse keywords as this can counteract your cause hurting your ranking criteria with search engines, write naturally.
- Payment Methods – You can most definitely get paid for YOUR efforts in whatever venture is entered into. Referring users to products, services, companies that users seek. Receiving payments through ads on your website via traffic that drops into your site. These areas are a few ways to receive payment. , January 2019 Paypal had 277 million active registrations making it their way to receive/send online payments when you link your bank account with Paypal.com services. So you can get instantly paid.
Take advantage of the technology age and get into creating a small online business to earn money on the side build on online presence to reach a quality of life where you are the boss and you set the rules.
This is only one example. In upcoming blog posts, We will cover these topics along with some reviews that are in the pipeline, with the intent on being little more in-depth so stay tuned for that. The information that will be submitted will be considered as being able to be implemented into ways to make an online income
There are many reasons why you have stumbled across this site today. Search results could be the reason. Our life events could result in us searching for a side income or side hustle that could eventually lead to something far greater than we could imagine.
The goals that I intend to render in my online endeavours are set to supplement a lifestyle that is going to allow me to break free of the “rat race”.
Wake up in the morning to have no 9 – 5 occupation to attend. Not have to fill the pockets of some other person. Not have to exchange so much of my time for minimal weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments at a regular job.
Our upbringing wasn’t always so well compensated for then in comparison to others possibly.
The desire to escape the mediocrity and rat race feel that can be associated with life, that is ordinary and mundane. A Narrow lifestyle. Let it BURN bright.
Strive For Quality Of Life
Many factors contribute to me expressing myself in this way.
Being able to express my view with other like-minded people. Supplement a lifestyle that I sincerely believe that I’m richly deserved, along with everyone else in this world.
Follow passions that are of interest. Constantly in search of new points of interest and keeping my ear to the ground for other paths to take. Find out ways and means to implement to embody the desired blueprint that is etched in the memory banks.
I aim to help as many people as I can, to gain the same success that we all strive for in this game. To procure an online income that can augment an improved quality of life and adventure for me and my family. To accomplish this ultimate goal is of primary performance to me.
In essence, to use these as a form of motivation in your efforts will be a great way to accelerate and fuel the FYRE within.
Use whatever motivation that you can to stay earnest, focused and diligent to your tasks at hand. We underestimate how much we are able to achieve, if we put our minds to it, then momentum prevails and creates fuel to drive your efforts further
“Take a CALL TO ACTION” embrace the will to create latency on the Internet. If you are looking for a good course of action in the next step then research is your best friend or reach out to someone that has some expertise. Work hard at mastering the craft you wish to chase. Leverage them to create success, a better quality of life that we all warrant. We can make it together, the choice is always with you in anything you do.
To be more specific, the proper question is,
Why wouldn’t YOU start a small business?
Feel the need to discuss something? Let’s DO IT! Comment below
See ya in the next Blog!